EXCERPT: Soils are slowly produced by the weathering of rock....
Download Teacher Background for this lesson:
- ALBERTA: High School Middle School
- BRITISH COLUMBIA: High School
- MANITOBA: High School Middle School
- ONTARIO: High School Middle School
- QUEBEC: High School
- SASKATCHEWAN: High School
EXCERPT: Students examine different types of soil that have been mixed with water and allowed to settle. Next they investigate soil charge and how air space allows soils to hold and transmit water....
Download the lesson, including handouts:
This introduction shows the different levels or "horizons" of a soil profile. We see how the soil texture triangle can describe the structure of soil, in combination with humus and the abundant organisms it contains.