EXCERPT: Nutrient pollution comes from many sources: from natural ecosystem functions, from a wide spectrum of human activity and from agriculture...
Download Teacher Background for this lesson:
- ALBERTA: High School Middle School
- BRITISH COLUMBIA: High School
- MANITOBA: High School Middle School
- ONTARIO: High School Middle School
- QUEBEC: High School
- SASKATCHEWAN: High School
EXCERPT: An apple is used to model Earth. Students learn that just 1/32 of its surface or 1/8 of the land surface, is devoted to farmland. Students use estimates of population growth and land use to calculate how much additional farmland will be needed in the future....
Download the lesson, including handouts: