EXCERPT: Plants grown in soil depleted of nutrients can display a wide variety of symptoms and greatly limit the quantity and quality of harvested crops. Commercial fertilizer and recycled biosolids such as manure are essentially plant food...
Download Teacher Background for this lesson:
- ALBERTA: High School Middle School
- BRITISH COLUMBIA: High School
- MANITOBA: High School Middle School
- ONTARIO: High School Middle School
- QUEBEC: High School
- SASKATCHEWAN: High School
EXCERPT: Students discuss the definition of “fertilizer” and relate it to plant nutrition and the need to restore nutrient balance in agricultural soils. They discuss how people and plants can suffer from nutrient deficiencies...
Download the lesson, including handouts: